Did you know?
• Not all homeschool children are
brilliant, gorgeous, creative, and
• Not all homeschool dads and
moms are perfect.
But . . . research shows, on average, that . . .
• Home-educated students typically score 15 to 30 percentile points above government-school
students (i.e., public school) on standardized academic achievement tests.
• Whether homeschool parents were ever certified teachers is not related to their children’s
• Home-educated students’ achievement is just as high in states where there is much homeschool
liberty as in states that highly control homeschooling.
• Children and youth in home-based education are doing well, typically above average, on
measures of social, emotional, and psychological development.
For new homeschool research and commentaries by Dr. Brian Ray,
sign up FREE at:
"Ongoing quality homeschool research is essential for success in both courts and legislatures. Your
participation with NHERI is vital."
Michael Farris, Chairman, Home School Legal Defense Association; President, Patrick Henry College
NHERI (the National Home Education Research Institute) and Dr. Brian Ray . . .
National Home Education Research Institute
PO Box 13939, Salem OR 97309
(503) 364-1490 fax (503) 364-2827 www.nheri.org email@example.com