state control. The Courier Journal (Louisville,
KY). Kentucky edition. p. 1-2. digital image.
14. Kentucky State Board for Elementary and
Secondary Education v. Rudasill, 589 S. W.2d 877
(Supreme Court of Kentucky, October 9, 1979).
15. Associated Press. (1990, Sep. 4). State education
official worries about increase in at-home instruction. The Courier Journal (Louisville, KY). Metro
edition. 10. digital image. https://www.newspapers
16. Harp, L. (1998, Jan. 6). Home schools may conceal
dropouts. The Courier Journal (Louisville, KY).
Metro edition. 4.digital image. https://www.news
17. Pressley, D. (1998, Jan. 18). In Pendleton
County, faith guides some parents’ choices.
The Cincinnati Enquirer (Cincinnati, OH). 12.
digital image. https://www.newspapers.com/
18. Associated Press. (1999, May 3). Home schooling
has tripled in state since 1991. The Courier Journal
(Louisville, KY) Kentuckyedition.6.ht tps://www
19. Honeycut Spears, V. (2016, Jul. 10). Kentucky schools connect with homeschool kids via
online courses. Lexington Herald Leader. http://
20. Slavey, C. (2015, Mar. 5). GOP gubernatorial contender Matt Bevin plays Dr. Seuss. Commonwealth Journal (Somerset, KY). http://bit
CHIL Homeschool Prom 2017 at the Governor’s Mansion in Kentucky. Photo by Claire Elise McKoy at CaptureMyLifePhotography.com