• Read, Write and Type:
• Typing Instructor:
• English from the Roots Up:
• Institute for Excellence in Writing
Advice/Tips from Respondents
• Writers in Residence by Apologia:
• Writing and Rhetoric by Classical
• Writing with Sharon Watson:
• Do Bible first thing every day;
everything else will fall in line.
• Don’t stress over getting multiple
subjects covered in one day.
• Don’t worry about what you don’t
have time to teach. God will fill in
• Enjoy your child where they are; do
several lessons in each subject as they
are enjoying learning.
• Enjoy your children. Spend time
• Gain confidence and find
• Go slow; don’t be in such a rush
to do more.
• Have children read good books.
• Kids learn with more enthusiasm if
you are excited about the subject.
If what you’re teaching bores you,
• Learn the love of teaching Latin. It
enriches both students and parents.
• Let your children sleep, especially in
the teen years. Their body needs it.
• Read classical literature aloud daily,
regardless of age.
• Schedule quiet time for everyone—
• (There’s) opportunity for dual enrollment at the community college for
10th grade and above.
• You can find very cheap, older versions of textbooks on Amazon.
• You don’t have to do it all. Enlist help
from friends, spouse, grandparents,
• You don’t have to finish a book/cur-ricula in a year.
• You’re doing
a great job!
your kids to
best in art and
history to color,
based on original
works and documents. Look for them at your store or from