1. Canyon and River reading under our
favorite tree at our home.
2. River, Canyon, and Lily outside of the
Shubert Theatre in New York, where they
saw Matilda the Musical.
3. Pictured (l-r) are River, Canyon, and Lily
preparing to take an airplane flight over
4. River, Canyon, and Lily outside of the
Memphis Brooks Museum of Art.
5. Canyon, River, and Lily outside of the
Metropolitan Museum of Art.
6. River and Lily at the Orpheum Theatre
after seeing Hitler’s;Daughter.
7. Lily swimming in a creek
8. Our outdoor classroom for almost six
months out of the year
My elementary school years were some
time a seed was planted that would later
the opportunity, to homeschool.
It was my sixth grade year and my
teacher, “Hoff,” took school outdoors
one day. He placed us all under a tree,
opened a book, and began to read. I
relaxed but remained engaged. I was
walls, but I was outside, under a tree,
enjoying God’s surroundings—and I
Even before that moment, I had al-
ways enjoyed being outdoors. With-
out discounting the value of learning
at home with family as we do, I also
realize we are not limited to learning
only at home. There is so much to learn
Fortunately, my children have adopted
Show & Tell
There is so much to learn